Local Restaurant Infrastructure Investment Program
This program is intended to help address workforce issues, consumer expectations, and overall restaurant safety challenges experienced by small, local restaurants across New Hampshire due to COVID-19.
Awards will be issued to applicants for reimbursement of eligible equipment, infrastructure, and technology purchased between November 1, 2021, and July 13, 2022, to help them adapt to service and technology changes due to COVID-19 in the market that can be costly and disruptive.
To receive an award, eligible restaurants must apply by July 13, 2022, but applications will be reviewed and funds awarded on a rolling basis, with monthly funding rounds.
This program is open to New Hampshire based restaurants, and it is intended to aid primarily full service, eat-in, non-franchise small restaurants.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have been operating prior to March 20, 2020;
- Be actively paying Meals & Rooms taxes to the State as a food service establishment;
- Have annual gross receipts, including all affiliates, at or below $20,000,000, in tax year 2021 or not exceed annual gross receipts per New Hampshire location of $5,000,000;
- Be submitting expenses for only New Hampshire locations; and
- Not be:
- A national chain (locations in 3 or more states),
- A national franchise (locations in 3 or more states),
- Delivery or take out only, or
- Primarily catering.
Each eligible applicant, providing detail and support for eligible expenditures, may receive an award of up to $15,000 per eligible location.
NOTE: Please see the program’s FAQs for important details concerning eligible entities and eligible expenditures.
DEADLINE: Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis, with monthly funding rounds, until program funds are depleted or the application deadline is reached.
As a result, applicants are encouraged to submit completed applications as soon as possible. In the application portal, a “saved” application will not be considered a “submitted” application.
Should funds allow, applications will continue to be accepted until July 13, 2022. The application must be completed and submitted utilizing the GOFERR grant portal by Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 4:00 P.M., including all supporting documentation.
For more information about the Local Restaurant Infrastructure Investment Program generally, or the application, please review the FAQs available on the GOFERR website at this link. If you still have questions, please email email@example.com.
How to Submit an Appeal:
Applicants will receive notice of the initial determination and amount of award, if any. They will then have 15 business days from the date of the initial notice to contest the determination.
Reasons to contest eligibility and/or award determinations are limited to the following:
- If the determination was based on eligibility, provide an explanation and evidence to substantiate your claim about why your business is actually eligible for the program.
- If you are contesting the calculation of the award, provide an explanation and evidence supporting that the calculation of the award, based on the information submitted in the application, is in error.
- NOTE: If the error was in the applicant’s submission, only scriveners or obvious typographical errors can be corrected.
- GOFERR’s determination regarding allowability of expenses and adequacy of documentation are final and are not subject to appeal.
The appeal request and evidence shall be submitted in writing electronically to “Appeal@goferr.nh.gov.” The appeal will be determined based on the written submission and documents in GOFERR’s possession. No hearing will be held. Applicants will receive a notice of the determination on the appeal. No further appeal is allowed.