This program generally supports non-dairy farms that have experienced negative financial impacts due to COVID-19. To apply for relief funding using this application, you must be:
- A fruit, vegetable, or ornamental plant grower, or maple producer that: (a) successfully registered for the original program by June 22, 2020; AND (b) had COVID-19-related expenses and/or lost sales during the period from July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020; or
- Any other non-dairy farm that: (a) could not register for the original program, or missed the registration deadline; AND (b) had, during the period from July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020, average COVID-19-related expenses of at least $500 per month, and/or average COVID-19-related lost sales of at least $1,000 per month.
Although a registered farm is a specialty crop producer at least in part because of the original non-dairy farm program requirements, both the Registered Farm Program and Expanded Farm Program consider lost sales of non-value added agricultural products in addition to specialty crops.
An eligible farm may submit up to three (3) applications, one for each of the three (3) separate time periods by the deadlines listed below. If a farm does not submit an application by the deadline, it cannot receive relief funding for any COVID-19-related expenses and/or lost sales incurred during the applicable time period.
- July 15, 2020, for March 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020 (for registered farms only)
- August 31, 2020, for March 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020 (for non-registered farms only)
- October 15, 2020, for July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020
- December 10, 2020, for October 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020
Please note: To complete/submit your application, you will need to upload copies of QuickBooks or other accounting system reports, or tax forms, etc., to verify your COVID-19-related expenses and/or lost sales comparing the applicable time period to the same time last year.
Please note: If your farm has received payment or reimbursement for the same expenses and/or lost sales from any other source, you may not be eligible for funding from this program. If you have any questions about whether or not you might be affected, or how, please contact Gail McWilliam Jellie, Director, Division of Agriculture Development, at (603) 271-3551.
Please note: This application is not for dairy farms. For information about the dairy-specific NH Agriculture COVID-19 Relief Program, please contact Gail McWilliam Jellie, Director, Division of Agricultural Development, at (603) 271-3551.