MSRF 2.0 provides continued economic support to New Hampshire small businesses suffering from business interruptions as a result of COVID-19. Specifically, it supports both (1) businesses that did not receive grants from the initial round of MSRF or the General Assistance & Preservation (GAP) Fund, and (2) businesses that received grants of less than the maximum $350,000 from the initial round of MSRF or the GAP Fund, if eligible. Businesses that received a Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) grant are not eligible for MSRF 2.0.
The application period runs from October 19, 2020 to 4:00 PM on Friday, October 30, 2020. The application must be completed and submitted by 4:00 PM on Friday, October 30, 2020.
For assistance, call (603) 271-7840 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify for MSRF 2.0, your business (or group of affiliated businesses*) must:
- Be a for-profit business;
- Note: A for-profit business is a business that is operated for the purpose of making a profit, regardless of whether or not the business is profitable.
- Have its principal business office in New Hampshire;
- Have typically employed at least one non-owner W-2 employee before COVID-19;
- Have been in operation since at least May 29, 2019;
- Anticipate a loss of gross receipts from 2019 to 2020 due to COVID-19;
- Have total 2019 gross receipts of less than $20 million;
- Have received a total of less than $350,000 from the initial round of MSRF or the GAP Fund, if a prior recipient;
- Not be currently in bankruptcy;
- Not have permanently closed; and
- Note: A business that is closed and will not reopen has permanently closed. However, if a business is closed due to COVID-19 but will reopen, it has not permanently closed.
- Not have received a Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) grant.
In addition, the following types of businesses are not eligible for MSRF 2.0:
- Nonprofit organizations;
- Agriculture businesses;
- Childcare providers;
- Elementary or secondary schools;
- Institutions of higher education; and
- Hospitals or other healthcare providers.
- Note: “Healthcare providers” includes, but is not limited to, all healthcare practitioners (physicians, dentists, chiropractors, optometrists, mental health practitioners, specialty therapists, podiatrists, etc.), outpatient care centers, and ambulatory health care services.
* For purposes of MSRF 2.0, a business is considered affiliated with any other business that:
- Has the same Taxpayer Identification Number (including Social Security Number);
- Has the same corporate parent or grandparent; or
- Is majority-owned (more than 50%) by the same owner or group of owners.
For more information about eligibility, visit the MSRF 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) available here: https://www.goferr.nh.gov/new-hampshire-main-street-relief-fund-20-frequently-asked-questions.
- If you fail to complete and submit your application by 4:00 PM on Friday, October 30, 2020, your business cannot be considered for a MSRF 2.0 grant.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that your business will receive a MSRF 2.0 grant. Your business must qualify according to the eligibility criteria.
- If your business is affiliated with one or more other businesses, you must: (1) submit only a single application for the entire group of affiliated businesses; (2) provide the principal business office address of the primary business/applicant; (3) provide the combined total gross receipts amounts of the entire group of affiliated businesses; and (4) provide the combined total amounts of COVID-19 assistance – grants and/or loans – received or expected to be received from all sources, by the entire group of affiliated businesses since March 1, 2020.
- If your business’s actual calendar year 2020 total gross receipts are more than you estimate on your application, your grant amount, if any, may be subject to recoupment in whole or in part.
You will need to gather the following information about your business (and all affiliated businesses) before you begin your application:
- Federal Taxpayer Identification Number and type;
- Principal business office address;
- New Hampshire Secretary of State Business ID;
- Actual calendar year 2019 total gross receipts;
- Actual total gross receipts for the period from January 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020;
- Projected calendar year 2020 total gross receipts, as of the date of your application; and
- All COVID-19 assistance – grants and/or loans – received or expected to be received from all sources, since March 1, 2020 (e.g., the initial round of MSRF, GAP Fund, Paycheck Protection Program, and Emergency Injury Disaster Loan/advance amounts).
You must complete each step before proceeding to the next step of the application. No information you enter will be saved except by clicking “Save,” or until you proceed to the next step by clicking “Continue,” at the bottom of the application page. The application will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity. Save frequently to prevent from losing any information.
You may review and/or change the information you enter, including by clicking on any previous step at the top right of the application page, or “Previous” at the bottom of the application page. You will also have the opportunity to review a summary of all of the information you enter before submitting your application, in Step 3. However, after submitting your application, you cannot return and make any changes. If you need to make a change after submitting your application, you must submit an entirely new application with the corrected information. Only your most recent application will be considered.
To submit your application, click “Submit” in Step 4. If submitted, the following message will appear on the application page in green: “Success! The form has been submitted. Please print a copy for your records.” Print a copy of this page for your records. You can also go to the application and sign back into your account to verify that your application status is “Submitted.”
If you do not receive mail at your business’s physical address, enter a mailing address in the designated boxes on the “ADD A CONTACT” page of the application. You will receive all MSRF 2.0 mail at your business’s physical address, unless you provide a separate mailing address.
Further instructions will be provided in each step. If you have any questions that are not addressed either by the instructions or the MSRF 2.0 FAQs (available here: https://www.goferr.nh.gov/new-hampshire-main-street-relief-fund-20-frequently-asked-questions), or you need general assistance, call (603) 271-7840 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, or email email@example.com.
You are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible before the deadline, in case you have any questions or need assistance. The application deadline is 4:00 PM on Friday, October 30, 2020.
When you click "Click here to Apply" below, you will need to create an account to complete and submit the application. Your username is emailed to you after registering. You can sign back into your account to complete and submit your application, or to verify that your application status is “Submitted.”